You may need a structural engineer when carrying out a renovation or making changes to your home that could affect the stability of your property. Essentially, any project that alters the structure of the building or requires building control approval will require the expertise of a structural engineer.

How long do your reports take to produce? We aim to deliver your report within 7-10 days from the date of instruction, on the assumption that we can readily access the property. If you need your report quickly, please ask and we will do what we can to meet your requirements.

If you do need to remove or alter a load-bearing wall, you should always consult a local structural engineer, who will be able to analyse the structure and determine any modifications that may be required to make it safe and usable.

Identifying cracks in walls, floors and ceilings is important when assessing potential foundation damage. 

Yes, you will need a structural engineer to calculate load bearings etc, so steel suppliers can make the correct sized steel for your opening. Don’t forget the steel needs to have a minimum bearing each end of 150mm, sitting on concrete pads.

Structural engineers focus on the physical integrity and design of projects such as buildings, bridges, and tunnels. It is their job to make sure the physical structure maintain integrity and are able to handle the loads and forces they encounter.

When you are making home improvements that involve the stability of a building you will probably need a structural engineer. This engineer will provide structural drawings and calculations which will be used by your building contractor and architect during the renovation work.

What, exactly, does a structural engineer do? Structural engineers specialise in determining the integrity of a home or building. They evaluate problems and establish solutions. A building or home must withstand numerous factors throughout its lifetime.

Building Survey is carried out by an RICS Building Surveyor and includes a full inspection of all accessible parts of the property and reports in detail upon everything that can be seen. A Structural Survey is carried out by a Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer.

Structural Engineers design structures that must endure stresses and pressures inflicted through human use and environmental conditions. They configure structures, choose appropriate building material, inspect the construction work and ensure the structural soundness of buildings and structures.

Please Feel Free to Call Us

Same day response with fast turnaround servicing commercial & domestic design, assess and inspect structures to ensure they are efficient and stable.